March 02, 2023
Best tips and tricks for lash extensions
- Choose the right type of lash extensions: There are different types of lash extensions available, and you should choose the ones that suit your client's natural lashes and their desired look. Some popular types of lash extensions include faux mink, flat lashes and plant based.
- Prepare the natural lashes properly: Before applying lash extensions, make sure the natural lashes are clean, dry, and free of any makeup or oils. You can use a lash primer to remove any oils or debris in order to have a better retention.
- Use the right amount of adhesive: Using too much adhesive can cause the extensions to clump or stick together, while using too little adhesive can result in poor retention. Use just enough adhesive to bond the extension to the natural lash, and make sure to apply it carefully and precisely.
- Place the extensions correctly: The placement of the extensions is crucial to achieving a natural and beautiful look. Extensions should be applied one at a time, about 1mm away from the eyelid, following the natural curve of the lashes.
- Maintain the extensions properly: To keep the lash extensions looking their best, avoid rubbing or pulling on them, and avoid using oil-based products near the eyes. Use a lash brush to comb the extensions and keep them looking neat and tidy.
- Schedule regular touch-ups: Lash extensions typically last 4-6 weeks, but regular touch-ups are necessary to maintain the fullness and length of the lashes. It's recommended to schedule touch-ups every 2-3 weeks.
- Work in a comfortable and well-lit environment: Lash extension application requires precision and attention to detail, so make sure you work in a comfortable and well-lit environment. Use a bright light and magnifying glasses if necessary to ensure a precise application.
By following these tips and tricks, you can achieve beautiful and long-lasting lash extensions for your clients.