Let’s talk about ADHESIVE PATCH TEST ⠀
Here are a few reasons why you should never do a patch test on the skin!!!
The main ingredient in ALL lash adhesives is cyanoacrylate, which is a very strong chemical from the resin family. It should never come in direct contact with skin, and if it does, it will most likely cause an allergy or irritation on the skin. That is why you should always patch test on the lashes and not the skin. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Even if a client passed a patch test, it doesn’t prevent them from developing an allergy to cyanoacrylate at a later time. Sometimes it can take up to six months to develop an allergy. Clients more likely to have an allergic reactions in spring than other times of the year. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If your client developed an allergic reaction, unfortunately she/he will be allergic to ALL cyanoacrylate based adhesives, which means they are not a good candidate for lash extensions. 💔