10 things to avoid when wearing lash extensions
Lash extensions can transform your eyes, but to maintain their beauty and longevity, it's crucial to avoid certain habits that may compromise their health. Here are ten things to steer clear of:
1. No Picking: Refrain from picking or pulling on your lash extensions. This harmful habit can damage your natural lashes and even disrupt hair follicles.
2. Hands Off: Constantly touching your extensions transfers body oils to the adhesive, affecting retention and potentially causing premature shedding.
3. Brush with Caution: Over-brushing can lead to lash shedding before its time. Gently brush your lashes to keep them neat and tidy without excess stress.
4. Neglecting Lash Care: Skipping lash cleansing or brushing can invite unwanted guests like demodex mites, impacting lash health. (Note: You may want to avoid Googling this one!)
5. Oil-Free Zone: Stay away from oil-based makeup and skincare products near your lashes, as they can weaken the adhesive bond.
6. Rubbing Eyes: Avoid rubbing your eyes vigorously, as it can dislodge extensions and harm your natural lashes.
7. Water Immersion: Stay out of water, steam, and saunas for at least 24-48 hours after lash application to allow the adhesive to fully bond.
8. Mascara Mishaps: Skip mascara containing fibers, as they can tangle and damage your lash extensions.
9. DIY Removal: Do not attempt to remove your lash extensions at home. Always seek professional removal to prevent damage.
10. Untrained Application: Trust only licensed and skilled lash technicians for proper, safe, and stunning lash extension application.
By avoiding these ten pitfalls, you can ensure your lash extensions stay gorgeous, healthy, and long-lasting, letting you enjoy captivating eyes for weeks to come!